There are several ways to get to Seoul from Incheon International Airport. The following are the most convenient and economical ways of getting to Seoul
- Airport Limousine Buses : Airport Limousine buses are available across Seoul, as well as at hotels and major tourist attractions.
- Airport Express (AREX) : AREXs are very convenient since they pass through Incheon International Airport and Gimpo International Airport to Seoul Station, and they are connected to subway lines.
- Subway : Seoul Metropolitan Government operates subway lines 1-9 run across Seoul.
- Taxis : Standard, Deluxe, Int’l, and Jumbo taxis are all available.
Airport Limousine Buses
- The most frequently used mode of transport to get to Seoul
- Operation: At intervals of 10 ~ 30 min (May vary depending on destination)
- Travel Time: The travel time from Incheon International Airport to major areas in Seoul also varies, but it usually takes an hour to reach Seoul Station, 75 min. to Myeong-dong, 80 min. to Gangnam and Jamsil, 2 hrs.
Airport Express (AREX)
- Opened in 2007, the Airport Express is the fastest way to get to Seoul thanks to its excellent connectivity with the railroad system.
- Operation Conditions : The AREX service passes through Incheon International Airport and Gimpo Airport and runs to Seoul Station; it consists of general trains which stop at all ten stations, and fast through trains which directly connect Incheon International Airport with Seoul Station.
- Seoul Metropolitan Government currently operates nine subway lines that are connected to ten other lines including the Suin and Gyeongchun Lines, which run in metropolitan areas.
- Subways are connected to AREX, so passengers can transfer to five subway stations including Gimpo Airport, Digital Media City, Hongik Univ., Gongdeok, and Seoul Station.
- Type: Standard, Deluxe, Int’l, and Jumbo taxis (These Jumbo taxis can accommodate up to eight passengers.)
- Fare: Taxi fares are charged according to the taximeter.
※However, the expressway toll from Incheon International Airport to Seoul will be charged to the passenger.