Korea VISA : Enter Korea

Enter Korea without a visa


Foreign nationals entering the country should pass the inspection conducted by an immigration official at the port of entry.

A Republic of Korea (ROK) visa is a consul’s recommendation for approval of a foreign national’s application for entry. A foreign national holding a ROK visa may fail to obtain entry permission if he/she fails to meet the entry requirements.
A ROK visa may be obtained at a ROK embassy in a foreign country.

A foreign national applying for a ROK visa must submit the required documents (which differ depending on the status of sojourn) to the ROK embassy.



There are two different types of ROK visa: the single-entry visa and the multiple-entry visa.

  • Single-entry visa Valid for three months from the date of issuance.
  • Multiple-entry visa Valid for the period following the date of issuance.
  • Status of sojourn relating to diplomacy (A-1), official business (A-2) or treaties (A-3): Not more than 3 years.
  • Status of sojourn relating to temporary workers (H-2): Not more than 5 years.
  • Status of sojourn relating to the relevant treaty: As agreed in the treaty.
  • Status of sojourn set under reciprocity or in consideration of national interest: As set by the Minister of Justice.



Cancellation or change of visa

The entry visa for a foreign national may be cancelled or changed by the Minister of Justice in any of the following cases.

  • When the guarantor has withdrawn his/her guarantee or the relevant foreign national no longer has a guarantor;
  • When it transpires that the foreign national has obtained the visa by fraudulent or dishonest means;
  • When the relevant foreign national has violated the conditions of issuance of the visa;
  • When a serious situation has occurred and the situation makes it impossible to maintain the current visa status;
  • When the relevant foreign national is in violation of a law, including The Immigration Control Act, or fails to comply with a justifiable instruction of an immigration official.The Justice Minister may, under the Immigration Control Act, Article 79, have the relevant foreign national or the applicant come to a government office to listen to his/her situation, when it is judged that such is necessary concerning cancellation or change of a visa.
  • When asking the said person to come to a government office to listen to his/her situation, the Justice Minister should inform the said person of the reason for a cancellation or change of visa and the hour/date and office at which presence his/her presence has been requested at least 7 days in advance


Countries whose nationals hold a diplomatic, official or ordinary passport may enter Korea without a visa.

  • Asia : Japan(90 days), Hong Kong(90 days), Macau(90 days), Taiwan(90 days), Brunei, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, Yemen, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain (90 days)[12 countries]
  • North America : United States of America(90days), Canada(6 months) [2 countries]
  • South America : Argentina, Honduras, Paraguay, Uruguay, Ecuador, Guyana [6 countries]
  • Europe : Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Cyprus, Albania, Croatia, Slovenia(90 days),Vatican, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro [11 countries]
  • Oceania : Australia(90 days), Guam, Fiji, Nauru, Palau, Kiribati, Marshall Is., Solomon Is., Micronesia, New Caledonia, Samoa, Tuvalu, Tonga [13 countries]
  • Africa : Republic of South Africa, Mauritius, Seychelles, Swaziland, Egypt [5 countries]


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.